Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lights Camera Action

I love going to the movies.  The lights go down and the big screen comes alive. The Mr. and I go quite often and you have to get a popcorn even if you just ate dinner!  That's part of the experience. 

I love the idea of having a movie/old hollywood themed wedding or party.  How fun would it be to get married in an old theater, have your guests walk a red carpet and you would have to serve popcorn and fountain drinks at the reception!  I put together a little inspiration board with a few ideas:


Column 1: {top to bottom} The  ridiculously, amazing Reese Witherspoon, A film reel inspired wedding cake by Sogni Di Zucchero, and this adorable DIY popcorn idea from Ruffled Blog
Column 2: {top to bottom} My favorite local theater, The Alabama Theater, photographed by Angela Karen, the Mr. & Me leaving our wedding in a classic car, photographed by Rob Ingram, A lovely centerpiece idea from this real wedding featured on The Green Wedding Shoes, Showing old romantic movies at your outdoor reception, idea from this real wedding featured on Snippet & Ink.

Hey, maybe I could redesign that old hollywood movie theme into an adorable Save the Date card. I'd use the classic filmstrip style and replace the countdown with the wedding date.  To keep the look & feel the same, I'd use a sepia tone photo {I used one of our own photos from our engagement shoot last April} and classic fonts.



Now I want a bowl of  popcorn so I can curl up and watch an old movie!

No comments: