Monday, April 11, 2011

Calming Calendar

I have a busy week.  We are short staffed at work so they are making me fill in a lot of the gaps. I am trying to juggle my paying job, my internship and a good amount of freelance jobs that have come in over the past few weeks.  My calendar scares me.


I am feeling a little stressed.  When I start to get this way, I think about our Hawaiian honeymoon and immediately my mind takes me to a place when life was much calmer.



Sometimes if that doesn't work right away I do 3 things that always seem to work.

1. I check out Kitty Lynn and see how she handles her day {typically involves sleeping}
2. I light my Lavender Vanilla Yankee Candle
3. I press play on James Taylor's Sweet Baby James Album


Usually going for a run also helps but I currently am having trouble breathing because of this nasty cold so I think not being able to exercise has added a bit to my daily stress.

Hey maybe I could redesign that calendar of mine to something a little more calming on the eyes.  I am going to choose soft pastels fitting for spring with plenty of lavender.  The font needs to be fun and girlie and easy to read.


And since the Mr. has to do a rotation in another city this week we should celebrate with the perfect Hawaiian Mai Tai.  I think I found a pretty good recipe here.


I'm thirsty!

No comments: